This week has picked up some progress! But Brett has been unable to test things due to his OS not supporting the latest version of java yet but that problem should be over in 10 days. And i dont know where Kevin is (if you're reading this, just skype me and let me know you're alive! haha)
But this week we have made 11 changes to the code.
-Added more mapmaker stuff
-added character sheets! so we can change our characters now and we are not all that stupid red guy
-fixed the commands and made it so that you can add new commands a lot more easily now
-completely fixed the order that the map objects are drawn on the screen(to give the 3d effect)
-made a logo(maybe)
-finally began working on NPCs! (non-player characters, like other trainers, townspeople, etc.)
-made the folder where i plan to put the website when i make it(its a start... right?)
-wrote documentation on all the commands(how to use them and stuff)
-worked on adding events(kinda)
And that's about it.
Next week i want to do some more work on NPCs and work on the website. The website for now will just be an account creation page and a whose online page. NPCs will not be hard to add but then we gotta make it so that they can interact with players(maybe multiple players at once) and add waypoints or paths for the NPCs to walk in. And that is what is going to be the hard part.
We can change our display ids with a quick command so that we may see ourselves differently!(admin only, sorry normal people)
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian Kernighan